Sunday, October 20, 2013

Humbling Stories


I am getting ready to start the first week of the second term at CAMS.  This week has been really relaxing, thus not producing anything particularly blog-worthy.  Sure I’ve had a couple of fantastic evenings with friends as we came to the end of our break, but I have been humbled by a couple of blogs from other YASCers over the past week.  I would like to share those with you to help us all remember what is out beyond our bubble of a world.

Hannah Perls had an experience that will forever change her.  When I first read her post, I was reminded that those of us in YASC are going to experience things beyond the realm of our previous existence.  It is a post so powerful, not only in the writing but in the story, that I will never forget it.  It is a powerful memorial to a man she had never met.  Please take a moment to read it here.

I got another dose of humility today when I read the blog of YASCer Sarah Lowery.  Sarah wrote in this week’s blog post about the things she is experiencing in her placement working with Mission to Migrant Workers in Hong Kong.  She told the story of one of the clients who came into their mission with a story no one wants to hear and many pretend doesn’t exist.  Please read her blog as well here.
 
 
Almighty God, grant us grace fearlessly to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression; and, that we may reverently use our freedom, help us to employ it in the maintenance of justice in our communities and among the nations, to the glory of your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment