Here is a list of 20 things in no particular order that are the same about my life in Dodoma and my life in Wyoming.
1. Pepsi or Coke? Both are options.
2. My refrigerator is small enough that I can see the top.
3. Nothing beats frozen Snickers!
4. Pringles are delicious, and available in a variety of flavors.
5. Getting unexpected mail from friends and family makes everyone jealous, especially when your package is bigger than everyone else’s or contains something extra awesome. (This reminds me of college… the glorious ride up a crowded elevator with a box in hand!)
6. Sitting “shotgun” must be called.
7. Kids are excited to see you outside of school. They can hardly believe you don’t sleep there!
8. Turning on a fan and hoping to catch a breeze through open windows is a popular pastime on hot days!
9. Warm showers feel good after a long day at work.
10. Pizza is one of my favorite meals to eat out.
11. Fabric shopping makes for a great afternoon.
12. I have a bunch of plastic containers in my cupboards. I just HAVE to save all of them to keep things in, and I worry that I’m going to run out some day.
13. I feel rich after visiting the ATM.
14. Candles are amazing ways to light up a room.
15. People are friendly and will return a smile.
16. Mosquitos have no purpose except for biting my feet.
17. One of my favorite meals to cook myself is pasta. It’s so easy!
18. No one knows where Wyoming is.
19. A movie night is a great way to hang out with friends, as is an evening roasting marshmallows over a campfire.
20. Major sporting events draw a crowd at the local bar.
While it is so true that there are major differences between Dodoma, Tanzania and Cody, Wyoming, these similarities make me realize that the world really isn't quite as big as it seems.