Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Production


 
A few weeks ago I posted briefly about the Easter production that the CAMS primary students put on.  As I said, it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun!  During the actual production, I spent my time organizing my students and dodging rain bullets so I didn’t have time to take my own pictures.  Luckily someone was willing to post some great ones on the CAMS Facebook page.  I suspect it was the great Jenny Beckwith, who is the usual culprit! 


Each class was responsible for one part of the Easter story.  Standard 1 was in charge of Palm Sunday, which meant that my class got to go first.  Jesus and his disciples paraded in and Jesus sent two of them to fetch a donkey.  When they returned with the donkey and his owner in tow, the rest of the crowd entered singing “Ho, ho, ho, ho-o-sanna” and waving their palm branches in the air.  Every time I watched them during rehearsals, they did a fantastic job! 


The rest of the story was taken by the other classes.  Standards 2 through 6 showed their versions of the Last Supper, Garden of Gethsemane and Jesus’ capture, the Trial, the crucifixion, and the resurrection.  The kids from Nursery and Reception came in and sang the most adorable song ever and some of the Standard 7’s even came and took part.  It was a hit!
 
Standard 1 singing "Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho-o-sanna"
 
 
Standard 6

Standard 2

Standard 5

Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 all joined in to sing "Hosanna in the Highest."


Standard 3

Standard 7

Nursery and Reception.  Possibly the cutest ever!!


Standard 2

Standard 6

Standard 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment