Friday, April 19, 2013

Here's the why...

I have had so many people ask me about what I'm doing next year, and I usually give them the short answer.  Usually, this leads to a longer discussion about what exactly I will be doing.  I have already talked about what I'm doing here, so I'm not going to get into it right now.  If you are wondering more about where I'm going, here is the website for Canon Andrea Mwaka School, the school in Dodoma, Tanzania where I will be teaching next year.


banner
 
What I haven't talked about much, with anyone, is the why.  There are obvious reasons that I would want to work abroad doing mission work and teaching.  There are experiences I will never get staying in Wyoming that working overseas will provide, such as learning about a new culture and getting a new perspective on my own.  I'm young and single and have no reason not to travel while I have the chance.  I also have skills that I can share with others around the world. 

My reason to join YASC goes deeper than this, though.  I have an amazing life, amazing friends, and an amazing job.  I love going to work every day!  I am also part of a great church that has never been anything but supportive of me. I became to realize, though, that there was something missing.  It was like there was a void inside of me that needed to be filled.

When I heard about YASC, I knew it was what I was missing.  Now that I have my placement, and have started fundraising, I no longer feel that empty space inside.  I am embracing the year ahead of me, with arms outstretched, an open mind, and a ready heart.  No matter what happens, I know that THIS is where I am supposed to be!

1 comment:

  1. The school looks really neat! I'm happy you feel peace and fulfillment about the coming year!

    ReplyDelete