Friday, April 26, 2013

Papers, Papers, and more Papers

For those who are curious, here's what it takes to teach in Tanzania for a year.

8 passport pictures, without smiling

2 original copies of the Residence Permit Application (not one original and one copy of the original)

2 original copies of the "Application for Registrationa and Licensing of Teachers"

2 original copies of the contract with CAMS

2 original copies of both my College and High School transcripts

2 notarized copies of each of the following:
  • My High School diploma
  • My University of Wyoming diploma
  • My birth certificate
  • My Teaching certificate
  • My passport

I finally have all of my paperwork together and the applications are almost filled out completely.  (One set needs a witness as I sign and another I had to re-do because I forgot how to read.) :)  I just have to get my passport photos and I'm ready to send my package off to Tanzania!

It really is starting to feel like this is actually going to happen.  Something about filling out official paperwork and having a notary sign documents makes it all real.  I am really getting excited!

On another note, I would like to thank Jill Carow, Becky Davis, and Margret Larsen for their donations so far.  Thanks to them, I am already at $200!!  Only $9,800 left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment