Monday, May 13, 2013

The end is here.. sort of.

Yesterday was my last day of Sunday School as Christian Education Director.  It feels as if that should be the end, but of course there are still a few things to finish up with before I am really done. Nevertheless, it feels like it is the end.  We are also nearing the end of the school year. The school district here has only this week and next week before we begin summer vacation.  All of these endings are bittersweet.

I have said it before and I'm sure I will say it again, but I absolutely love my jobs. I get to work with the most amazing people and serve some fantastic kids and youth.  It is not going to be easy to say good bye to any of them, especially since the fourth and fifth graders will be in middle school when I get back, so I will probably only see them occasionally at the most.  I will also be missing out on a year with my high schoolers at church, after getting to go on an amazing adventure with them. We will share the experience of our first pilgrimage, then I'll be gone for a year.

On the other hand, I am about to begin an adventure of my own.  I would not be going if I wasn't excited about the things I'm going to learn and the experiences I am going to gain.  How many people do you know who are licensed to teach in 2 countries? I am going to be able to share my skills with someone halfway around the world while teaching and getting to know kids from a culture I have barely heard about.

As I enter the next two weeks, I will be open to the amazing things that are happening right here, right now. I will look to my future with an open heart and cherish every moment I have with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment